If I see suspicious persons or activity, what should I do?
Please call the Police Department at (407) 327-1000. Give the Communications Specialist a description of the person or the activity and they will dispatch an officer to the location. You may remain anonymous if you wish.

If I see a crime in progress, what should I do?
Please do not try to apprehend the subject or take matters into your own hands. Call 911 immediately and give the Communications Specialist as much information as you can. Please be as accurate as you can in giving the precise address of the crime so we can respond as quickly as possible. You are much more valuable as a good witness.

How do I fill out a police report?
You can either come to the Police Department at 300 N. Moss Road or call (407) 327-1000 and an officer will respond to your location in the city.

How do I obtain a copy of a police or crash report?
You must wait three working days and then come to the Police Department at 300 North Moss Road and a Records clerk will assist you in the lobby. The Records Division is open Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm.  The charge for copies is $.15 cents for single sided and $.20 for double sided. If possible, please bring the case number to help the clerk in locating the report. Crash reports can be obtained through the online service if you are a party to a crash or by coming to the Police Department and completing the request.  Depending on the circumstances, the request could take up to 60 days per State law.

What is the mailing address and fax number for the Police Department?
The address is: 300 North Moss Road, Winter Springs, FL 32708 The fax number is: (407) 327-6652.

How do I get a background check done for an employer?
The Winter Springs Police Department can only provide information regarding incidents that have occurred in the city. Should a more in-depth check be required, please contact the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Public Records Section, (850) 410-8109. Information is also available online at their website on the Internet. The address is www.fdle.state.fl.us

How do I get my fingerprints done?
Fingerprinting days and times are Thursday and Friday from 9am-12pm and 1pm-4:00pm. There is a charge of $5.00 for residents and $15.00 for non-residents. You will also need to show valid proof of identification using a government or state issued document.

How do I apply for a position with the Police Department?
Applications and information on job vacancies are available at Winter Springs City Hall located at 1126 East State Road 434, online here, or you may contact Casey Howard at (407) 327-5962. If you are applying for a Police Officer position, you must be certified in the State of Florida to be considered for employment. The Winter Springs Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may also contact Cpl. Valarie Riddick at (407) 327-1000.

How do I start or become part of a Neighborhood Watch group in my area?
You can contact Community Relations officers and they can provide you with information regarding a specific group or with how to start one in your neighborhood. Officers can also provide you with information on securing your home or business against becoming a victim of crime.  Call (407) 327-1000 and ask to be connected with one of our officers in Community Relations.

Why do I see so many patrol vehicles in front of houses instead of out on the streets patrolling our neighborhoods?
The Winter Springs Police Department allows its members who live within the city limits to take their patrol vehicles home. This increases our visibility on the streets of our city thereby reducing crime. Studies also show that a vehicle that is assigned to one person remains cleaner, better maintained, reduces the maintenance costs, and increases the operational life within the Department, reducing the replacement costs.

What can be done about the cars speeding on my street?
Call Lt. Will Maxwell at (407) 327-7958. Your complaint will be received and every effort will be made to monitor the traffic on your street. We may ask for permission to use your driveway or property to park for this purpose.

Who do I contact to contest a Florida traffic citation or City of Winter Springs parking citation?
If you feel that you were issued any traffic citation unjustly, or due to circumstances beyond your control you wish to contest it, you may contact the Traffic Violations Bureau at the Seminole County Courthouse located at 101 Bush Blvd. in Sanford, Florida. Their telephone number is (407) 665-4330.  For additional information on how to handle a city parking citation, please call (407) 327-7550.

Does the police department do house checks while the residents are away on vacation?
Yes. You will need to fill out a residential house check request form in print or online here and we will check your residence while you are away.  We will contact you if there are any problems found.

How does one get a background check done?
The police department will do a local background check for the residents that live in Winter Springs. If in depth information is required, the person would need to contact Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) themselves. There is a cost of $15.00 for each request. The address is: FDLE P.O. Box 1489 Tallahassee, FL, 32302 Attn: USB public records. You will need to include a full name, including maiden name and any aliases, if applicable, date of birth, race, sex and social security number. It will take approximately five working days to process the request.

Do you have a program to call and check on senior citizens in the city?
Yes, our seniors program is called "Are You Okay". The resident will need to fill out a form that would include any information for emergency contact, medicines, doctors and hospitals. You choose the time of day you wish to be called. Officers are dispatched to check on anyone who does not answer their scheduled call.

I'm moving into a certain neighborhood in Winter Springs. Can you tell me what types of crimes have been reported for that area?
Yes. We ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the results of your request.

I have property that was picked up by the police. How can I get it returned to me?
Call the Police Department at 407-327-1000 Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm and set an appointment with the property officer.

Where can I pay my State traffic citation or city parking citation?
A list of Seminole County Court Clerk’s offices are located here.  Please click on the link and call the office closest to you for more details.  City parking citations are paid at the Police Department lobby, not the Clerk’s Office.

City of Winter Springs Police Department 407-327-1000
300 North Moss Road, Winter Springs, FL 32708